Frequently Asked Questions
Why wear SS? Why is protective eyewear important for spray tanners?
Protective eyewear is necessary for creatives, especially spray tanners to protect their eyes from potential harm. When spray tanning, fine particles of tanning solution are sprayed into the air, and there is a risk of these particles coming into contact with the eyes. The solution may contain chemicals or irritants that can cause eye irritation, redness, or even damage. Wearing protective eyewear acts as a barrier, preventing any accidental contact and keeping the eyes safe during the spray tanning process.
What makes Spray Specs unique?
Our glasses were designed by longtime spray tanner & educator Jennifer Dieas of @glowoutsalons with performance, safety and style in mind. The side & top shield protection are wider than average safety glasses and provide 3D protection. Our glasses are made from durable polycarbonate, dipped in anti fog coating, and contain blue light protection.
What are the benefits of polycarbonate glasses?
Polycarbonate safety glasses offer several benefits compared to other materials:
1. Impact Resistance: Polycarbonate is highly impact-resistant, making it ideal for safety glasses. It can withstand significant force and provides reliable protection against flying objects, debris, or accidental impacts.
2. Lightweight: Polycarbonate is lighter than glass or other materials used in safety glasses. This lightweight nature enhances comfort, reduces strain on the wearer's face, and allows for extended wear without discomfort.
3. Optical Clarity: Polycarbonate lenses provide excellent optical clarity, ensuring clear and distortion-free vision. This is crucial for tasks that require precise vision, such as reading gauges, working with small objects, or operating machinery.
4. UV Protection: Polycarbonate lenses often include built-in UV protection, shielding the eyes from harmful ultraviolet (UV) radiation. This feature is particularly beneficial when working outdoors or in environments where UV exposure is a concern.
5. Chemical Resistance: Polycarbonate is resistant to many chemicals, including acids and solvents. This makes polycarbonate safety glasses suitable for use in industries where workers may encounter hazardous substances.
6. Durability: Polycarbonate is highly durable and less likely to break or shatter compared to glass or other materials. This makes polycarbonate safety glasses long-lasting and less prone to damage, ensuring they can withstand the rigors of various work environments.
Overall, polycarbonate safety glasses combine impact resistance, comfort, optical clarity, and protection against UV radiation and chemicals, making them a popular choice for eye protection in many industries.
How to care for my glasses?
To properly care for polycarbonate anti-fog safety glasses and maintain their effectiveness, consider the following tips:
1. Cleaning: Regularly clean your safety glasses using mild soap or our designated lens cleaner. Avoid using harsh chemicals, abrasive cleaners, or rough materials that could scratch or damage the lenses.
2. Soft Cloth: Use our soft, lint-free cloth to wipe the lenses gently. This helps to remove dirt, smudges, and fingerprints without scratching the surface.
3. Avoid Abrasive Materials: Do not use paper towels, tissues, or rough fabrics to clean the lenses, as they can cause scratches or damage the anti-fog coating.
4. Rinse with Water: Rinse the lenses under lukewarm water before cleaning to remove any loose debris or particles. This step prevents any potential scratching during the cleaning process.
5. Drying: After cleaning, allow the glasses to air dry or use a clean, lint-free cloth to gently pat them dry. Avoid rubbing the lenses vigorously, as it can damage the anti-fog coating.
6. Storage: Store your safety glasses in a clean, dry case when not in use. This protects them from dust, dirt, and potential damage.
7. Avoid Excessive Heat: Keep your safety glasses away from excessive heat, as high temperatures can affect the anti-fog properties or cause the lenses to warp.
8. Replace Worn Out Glasses: If the anti-fog coating starts to wear off or the lenses become scratched or damaged, it is advisable to replace the glasses to maintain proper vision and safety.
By following these care instructions, you can ensure that your polycarbonate anti-fog safety glasses remain clean, clear, and effective in providing optimal eye protection.
How to order for a team?
We’re excited to offer team savings on Spray Specs orders! Email email@example.com for team order savings!
Basics of team ordering:
10-30 pairs we offer 18% off
30+ pairs let’s talk!!
Do you offer samples? Yes we offer samples so you can choose your favorite shape!
What to do if my order arrives damaged?
If your order arrives damaged, follow these steps to address the issue:
1. Document the Damage: Take photos or videos of the damaged package and the contents inside. This visual evidence will be useful when contacting us for a refund or exchange.
2. Check the Packaging: Inspect the packaging for any signs of mishandling or damage. This information will be important to provide when reporting the issue.
3. Contact us: Reach out to our customer support department via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Explain the situation and provide them with the necessary details, including the order number, description of the damage, and supporting documents.
4. Review the Return Policy: Familiarize yourself with our return policy to understand the steps and requirements for returning damaged items. It may involve filling out a form, providing additional documentation, or following specific instructions.
5. Follow Return Instructions: when we approve the return, we will provide instructions on how to proceed. This may involve returning the damaged item, packaging, and any included accessories. Adhere to our instructions to ensure a smooth return process.
6. Request a Replacement or Refund: You can request either a replacement of the damaged item or a refund. Make your preference clear when communicating with our team.
7. Arrange for Return Shipping: If we require you to return the damaged item, inquire about our preferred shipping method and any associated costs. Keep copies of shipping receipts or tracking numbers for your reference.
8. Escalate the Issue if Necessary: If you encounter difficulties and we are unresponsive, consider escalating the issue to email@example.com.
Remember to stay polite, provide accurate information, and keep all communication records, including emails, receipts, and any agreements or promises made by the seller. Promptly addressing the issue will increase the likelihood of a satisfactory resolution.